Friday, December 18, 2009

Live Video Clip of the Day: Damien Rice and Lisa Hannigan Live From Abbey Road 2006

Did you know Damien Rice was named the 34th (out of 50) best Irish act in music right now earlier this year by the Irish Times? That seems awfully low and has to burn a little, especially considering his former musical creative assistant, Lisa Hannigan, was named at number five. There was supposedly a bunch of drama there and since Hannigan has begun a successful solo career, the article points out that Rice has been "almost too quiet of late."

I couldn't agree more. Where are you Damien? We need to hear your music. I remember being in college and going into Rochester, buying my first Damien Rice cd. Recently, on a visit up there I saw that the store had closed and I almost wept. The honesty in Rice's lyrics is matched beautifully with his haunting melodies. Oh, how I wish I believed reports saying his new disc was coming out soon, but I have a dreadful feeling it will be some time before I get my Damien on again. And that's sad.

For all you Damien Rice fans, check out this video of "9 Crimes" from the 2006 series Live From Abbey Road. Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails