Monday, July 12, 2010

Movie Music Mondays: The Soundtrack of I Know What You Did Last Summer

I have previously confessed my minor major obsessions with ridiculous things like teenage soap operas. Here's another one: I LOVE CHEESY HORROR MOVIES!

Did I get ya hooked with the caps?

Beyond the terrible scripts and acting jobs these horror flicks get, the newer crop of films that started in the late 90s brought something of interest to the table: wicked soundtracks.



One of my all time favorites is I Know What You Did Last Summer. It's a film that is so absurd I have to think that it's without a doubt, genius. I don't know, maybe I'm blinded but the ridiculously good looking duo of Ryan Phillippe and Freddie Prinze Jr or my girl crush, Sarah Michelle Gellar, but I love this movie.




I Know What You Did Last Summer has an amazing soundtrack. I've had it ever since I first saw the flick in theaters as twelve year old back in 1997.

Track Listing:

1.  Hush (02:56)
Kula Shaker
2.  Summer Breeze (04:57)
Type O Negative
3.  D.U.I. (02:26)
The Offspring
4.  Kid (03:16)
Green Apple Quick Step
5.  This Ain't The Summer Of Love (03:09)
L7
6.  Losin' It (03:01)
Soul Asylum
7.  Hey Bulldog (02:31)
Toad The Wet Sprocket
8.  My Baby's Got The Strangest Ways (03:59)
Southern Culture On The Skids
9.  Waterfall (03:47)
The Din Pedals
10.  Clumsy (04:27)
Our Lady Peace
11.  One Hundred Days (03:40)
Flick
12.  Great Life (03:50)
Goatboy
13.  2Wicky (04:44)
Hooverphonic
14.  Don't Mean Anything (03:43)
Adam Cohen
15.  Proud (03:17)
Korn


That's a lot of rock goodness right there. From appearances by 90s rock staples Soul Asylem to softer stuff like the track from Adam Cohen, this soundtrack epitomizes the variations of rock during the mid to late 90s.

PS- The Type O Negative cover of "Summer Breeze" is ultra creepy. Not sure how I feel about...13 years after first hearing it.

Yesterday's live clip featured a little Our Lady Peace. Here's a tune from the Din Pedals that I think is pretty beautiful:




Also "Hush" is a pretty sweet, little tune, which is a cover by Kula Shaker:



You check this soundtrack out at Amazon...but you might also find it on the cheap at local thrift shops as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails